Informatics Groups of Colleges Quality Enhancement Cell
The QEC, Informatics Group of Colleges has been established since 2017, under the guidelines of the HEC. The QEC is envisioned to be a bench mark for quality of research and education as well. Moreover, QEC is committed to ensure and enhance the quality of higher education and the establishment of research oriented environment at Informatics.
The primary task of the QEC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance.
The success of QEC depends upon the collaboration and cooperation of all the stake holders. QEC is a monitory, evaluative and suggestive body, having potential for ensuring quality by working out intervention strategies for the compliance of quality measures. To correspond with and facilitate QEC in its working, faculty members from each department are also part of QEC team. For example, in self assessment task, QEC member of departments facilitate in completing the self assessment reports. Further, the Quality Enhancement Cell is involved in surveys related to student, staff and different departments, capacity building of faculty and staff.
- Dr. Asmat-un-Nisa (Director QEC)
- Mr. Sufyan (Data Analyst at QEC)
- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the IGC’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
QEC is responsible to develop procedures for the following:
- Annual Monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, Faculty monitoring, and student perceptions
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of Bachelor’s and Master’s
- Subject review
- Program specifications
- Qualification framework
Message From the DirectorInformatics Group of Colleges
The Quality Enhancement Cell is a vital part of administrative and academic structure.
The QEC, IGC always remains active, efficient, vigilant and in the coordination with Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan, for implementation of quality enhancement strategies, moreover it monitors the academic and administrative programs, functions to ensure the quality of education, research and development and makes sure that the internationally accepted standards of quality education are being met and maintained.